From Austin, TX to Big Sur, CA
Cody inquired for a photographer as he was planning on proposing to his girlfriend Jackie during their trip to Big Sur, CA. He was hilarious right off the bat and I knew this was going to be a fun session. He wanted to make sure all of the details were taken care of before they hopped on their flights to the west coast. We planned, we plotted. We schemed and sneaked. Ok that's getting a little weird, moving on...
We picked a location, planned for a mini picnic setup, and I even helped him pick his outfit. As you can see, Jackie clearly said YES (otherwise the rest of their mini engagement session would have been so awkward) and we had an amazing session.
So, this is my launchpad into what's included in my Engagement Session. I've been getting a lot of inquiries lately of people saying, "I've never done this before and I want it to be perfect!" Well my friend, you are in luck. I have done this before and it's always perfect so put your trust in me as I help you plan this special moment.
Here's how I serve you as your Proposal / Engagement Photographer:
- Location Selection. I ask for some general ideas of what kind of location you have in mind. Is it coastal? In a field? Cityscape? Restaurant/Coffee Shop/Bar with special meaning to you? From there I narrow it down to some of my favorite locations based on your preferences, complete with pin locations/directions as well which I know my clients planning from states away or even internationally find very helpful.
- Timing. I let you know when the best time of day for your session is. To be completely honest, I can make any time of day work but there are times that are more optimal for lighting. Lots of couples traveling to the Monterey Bay / Big Sur area tend to have a pretty packed schedule, so I am flexible to make anything work. Otherwise how can I call myself a wedding photographer if I can't take pictures anytime of day, amirite?!
- Directions. If you tell me your plans for the day and what we're working with, I will map out everything and make sure we have enough time for our session to be relaxed and easy while also buffering in additional time in case of traffic or other mishaps. I always take my time to ensure that your session won't stress you out and we'll be able to get every shot that we want without messing up your schedule.
- Outfits. I use the Style & Select online personal styler to help plan your outfits. If you're fashionably challenged like me and can't conceptualize to save your life, this tool is a must. You answer a few questions and then out pops some results! You can choose to buy your outfits from there or use the results as inspiration to put something together from what you already have in your closet. And if this is too much for you to handle, you can always text me your outfits and I'll tell you what to wear. That's exactly what Cody did and everything turned out great.
- Bubbly. Whether you partake in the adult beverages or not, I do bring a bottle of champagne/sparkling wine or even sparkling cider for those who don't drink alcohol. We get the "poppin' bottles" shot as you celebrate your engagement. Of course, we don't have to do this and some couples choose to forego it. In this case, more champagne for the next proposal!
- Online Gallery. You receive an online digital gallery of our session with access to unlimited downloads. Feel free to share your gallery with your friends, family, etc and you are free to download any images you want. This makes it quick and easy to share on social media and share the good news with your loved ones.
- Sneak Peek. I know you're excited to share the news, which is why I give you a sneak peek of 7 images within 1 week of your session. Also, I don't want you posting a crappy iPhone pic of your engagement when you have amazing pictures coming your way. So I don't make you wait! I get these images back to you so you have the good pics to share your exciting news.
Did that calm some of your nerves? I think one of my favorite things about proposals is talking to the proposer who is planning the whole experience and seeing how nervous they are. They want everything to be perfect and a lot of times end up overthinking things, which I find so sweet! When you're with me, I take special care to make sure everything is better than you could have dreamed. I'm here to serve you and make your proposal and engagement the most memorable event of your lives thus far.
Here are more pictures from Cody and Jackie's proposal and engagement at one of my favorite locations in Big Sur, California!